She strives to be an inspiration to other women through words of empowerment. She does not limit herself to specific topics; my topics are real and far reaching. I am not afraid to break barriers and push limits.
I have a highly diversified catalog of poems which showcases my quick wit and deep intellectual thoughts. I have made several appearances at different venues while touring the local poetry scene.
I am one of the most highly sought after poets in Oklahoma and surrounding areas. While touring I have been able to promote my own show “Miko’s Poetry Café.” This show allows me to give light to current topics and also expose other local up and coming artists.
I provide my audiences with thought provoking, inspirational, and humorous entertainment.
Love Pray | Miko The Artist Ft Mz.Val
• Featured poet in several showcases- 2006/Present
• Featured article in the Tulsa World, Examiner.com, News Guide, & the Oklahoma Eagle – 2006/Present
• Featured Public Speaker at Edison High School, Tulsa, OK promoting literacy- March 2010
• Co Host of the BET vs. Comic View Comedy Show – November 2011
• Hosted “Tulsa’s Louder than a Bomb” (One of the Nation’s largest youth poetry slams) January 2012
• Cast member of “Noni Klutch” an original play – March 2012
• Cover model for Expostyles Exposure Magazine’s Hair & Beauty Guide – April 2012
• Featured Poet in “Unplugged” A spoken word tour featured in 3 cities – August 2014
• Actress in “ As We Lay” a short film – September 2014
• Winner of the 2016 Living Arts Poets vs Rappers competition
• Released her Sophomore E.P Project, Live.Love.Pray
• Presented a Certificate of Recognition from Mayor Kathy Taylor for collaboration of independent business for building educational funding – September 2008
• First CD release- “Spoken Word Vol. I”- June 2007
• Released first self-published book entitled “Spoken Word for the Soul” – March 2010 (Amazon.Com)